Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 125

We did some shopping in the morning, then met up with our friends, the Thompsons, at a park. Brad Thompson is a terrific singer/songwriter and he performs with our friend, Steve Brown, in a "BNL meets Simon and Garfunkel" duo called Border Crossing. I've known Brad for many years (he was Redbeard on "Blackbeard, Bluebeard and Redbeard" and he and Steve sang the backing vocals for "Cowboy Bergaleoukaleopaleous"), and we've become good friends with his family since we moved out to the Northwest. We try to stop by and hang out together whenever we pass through Boise. We ate some pizza and got caught up with them all while the girls played at the playground.

I had a show at the Garden City Library at 5 pm. I've been there four times now and it's always a very receptive crowd. Well actually, the first time I did a show there only about 3 people were there, and they didn't even know I was performing... the librarian who had booked me had moved to a different library in the meantime and they hadn't replaced her, so they had forgotten I was coming. Whoops! They've been terrific since then, though, and it was a fun show to end the main part of our tour on.

From there we drove about five hours to a place called Richland, WA, which we haven't been to in over four months and which we otherwise call "home". We brought the sleeping girls into their beds and did a little bit of unpacking before going to bed. Tiggy was ecstatic to be home... he was running all around and jumping up on the bed and acting like he was a crazy kitten again. I don't blame him... he barely left the RV for over four months!

Well, it's really good to be home, but the feeling will be short-lived for me as I need to leave tomorrow for some shows in the Seattle area over the next few days. Roseann and the girls are going to stay at home and take a break from the traveling for a bit, and then they'll probably come out with me to Seattle for some shows again in a couple weeks. I usually go out for the shorter length stints on my own, anyway, so we'll see how the girls are feeling after a week or two at home. Since the Seattle shows are still technically part of the "spring/summer tour", I'll keep blogging daily through the end of the month and then I'll probably just post now and then when I have shows or other things to share.

In any case, as this does mark the end of the trip, we need to say a very grateful thank you to all of you that we visited with. We really had a wonderful time and this trip was a particularly special one because of all of the people we were able to see, which included much of our family, many of our friends and many new friends and musical colleagues. I really hope you all enjoyed your time with us as much as we enjoyed meeting with you. I'm also very grateful for all of the schools and libraries and other venues that had me come out and perform and to the generous audiences everywhere. We look forward to seeing you again as soon as possible.


With the Thompsons...


Becca the boxer...


Is this seat taken?


A nice view on the way home...

1 comment:

Idaho Dad said...

Congrats on finishing the long and winding road.

We were just gone for four days and that seemed like forever. I can't imagine being gone for four months!