Monday, September 1, 2008

9/1/08 - Back to work!

So it's back to work today... on Labor Day, no less. I spent a few hours inputting all of the receipts from our last two months of traveling. Fun fun fun! Roseann and I are working on a new animated video for YouTube of my "Blackbeard, Bluebeard and Redbeard" song, and it's somewhat of an ambitious project considering it's one of my longest songs and we're trying to get it finished in time for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. (You can see a little piece below for the "a pirate without treasure is like a monkey without a spatula" part...)

We went out with Gramma Jean this afternoon and did some shopping, though we weren't able to get to some of the places we had planned to, since many places were closed for the holiday. We came back and had dinner with Jean and Larry, and then the girls went to bed and we did some more work.

A few people have asked if I'm going to keep up this journal... I think I will, because I've enjoyed keeping a record of what our family has been up to from day to day and we like to look back every so often at the pictures. But I think that with our summer tour and travels over at this point, I'm not going to promise to write a post about every single day if there's not really anything particularly noteworthy to mention (I mean, every day is a gift and noteworthy for whatever you experience with it... but some days just aren't all that distinctive to write about...). Or I might just post a picture or two on some days and not really write anything... but I'll definitely keep up best I can and still chronicle any shows and travels I have over the fall and winter. And maybe I'll post some notes on the work we're doing for recording my next album and making new videos and stuff like that. We'll see...





No comments: