Friday, September 12, 2008

9/12/08 - Softball

The church softball tournament started today, and I was glad to be able to participate again this year, as we were out of town at this time the past two years. I played third base and catcher and we won both games. In the first game, we were leading 6-3 going into the bottom of the last inning and a guy on the other team hit a two run triple with one out, but we managed to get the last two outs without letting the guy on third score. Whew! The second game wasn't quite so close... we won 20-3. It's a double elimination tournament, so that means we'll be playing at least two games tomorrow, which means that I will collapse from exhaustion sometime tomorrow afternoon.

It was really a great catch that nearly split my shorts, but as you can see, the runner still made it home in plenty of time, so the near pants-splitting was all for naught...


Watching my line drive get caught by the shortstop...

No comments: