Friday, April 4, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 2

We went in to Portland and met Beth from Sugar Mountain PR at the Sip & Kranz coffeeshop (they had a little play area, which was great... for Becca and Evee, I mean). Beth is really nice and we'll be hiring her to promote my next album. From there, we stopped at CDBaby to drop off a batch of my CDs. I've transferred the CD sales at my website from being directly shipped by us to going right to my CDBaby links. I'd rather have them handle everything while we're traveling. Too many times in the past two years we'd have orders come in and then we'd have to go far out of our way to find a Post Office just to get them shipped out in a reasonable time. Last time we stopped by there, Derek Sivers came out to meet us, which was really cool. We really appreciate what he's been able to do with that company and for indie artists everywhere, and the advice he gives is definitely worth studying.

Next, we headed to Corvallis to meet a friend of Roseann's. We were a little unsure of the directions, and at one point I made a last second lane adjustment as the left turn light turned red. I realized I was going through the red light but at that point it would have been too dangerous to try to stop, or to stop and back up, so I continued through. Unfortunately, someone coming the other direction was in a hurry and started to go already and I had to wave them off as I continued through. Double unfortunately, a police officer saw the whole thing and nailed me for running the red light. I didn't have much of a defense, though I suspect if the other person hadn't attempted to go then it might not have seemed as big of a deal. But I can't blame them... I did go through the light, and it could have been much worse if they hadn't stopped.

We had a nice meetup with Roseann's friend, Stephanie, at a really cool pizza place where they had an awesome play room (um, for Becca and Evee, I mean). Evee bumped her cheek on one of the climbing toys, though, and cut her lip pretty bad. We went to Stephanie's apartment afterwards and the girls enjoyed holding her pet snake (video below) and watching her Venus Fly Trap.

We spent the night at an RV Park in Roseburg, OR.


No comments: