Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 28

We did some shopping during the day. One of the things we picked up was a water filter, as the new water we traded out for was equally as chlorinated.

I had a 6:30 show at the West Charleston Library in Vegas. Many library shows are in meeting rooms and sometimes even in the main part of the library itself for the smaller branches. This one had a good sized auditorium, with a stage and lights and seats and such. It ended up being a decent sized crowd, and boy were they energetic! Some of the craziest dancing I've ever seen, and there was some particularly frenetic toy clean up during "In the Box". I'm still not 100% recovered, but I was able to sing and perform with a lot more strength than yesterday.

During "Monster in My House" Roseann noticed one little boy who was hiding behind his mother's chair. She was concerned that he might be genuinely scared by the song (that doesn't happen very often, and my set up for the song helps to prevent that, but she tries to keep an eye out for the rare occasion where someone seems bothered). She went up to the mother and asked if he needed to know what the ending was so he wouldn't be so scared. She said that they were at one of my Vegas shows last year and they had that CD and he listens to that song at home all the time. But I didn't actually perform that song at that particular show last year, so apparently my monster sound (snoring) was just too scary in person. I may have to work on snoring more lightly. To that, Roseann says, "Yes!" but I don't think she's referring to my performance of that song...

We came back to the KOA and had dinner, then I put the girls to bed and we watched Cloverfield and American Idol before going to sleep. Roseann took Tiggy out for a walk and a random stray cat came up to play with him. Tiggy seemed to be enjoying the cat company at first, which is unusual for him, because he's just not a cat person, but then he got a little freaked out when the cat tried to pounce on him from behind. It was a really friendly cat, and once we brought Tiggy inside the other cat was sitting out there for quite a while saying, "Hello? Hello?" and "Come out!" I would swear he knows English, but those are the only phrases we could recognize... the rest sounded like variations of "meow".




Tiggy and the other cat...

No comments: