Friday, July 11, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 100

We drove to the Denver airport this morning. When I told the girls that they'd be dropping me off at the airport, Becca said that I would get hurt if they dropped me off. I'm pretty sure she was joking, but she said it straight, so it was hard to tell. Regardless, in case she was serious, I explained that we would stop the bus before dropping me off.

As we pulled into the airport terminal, we had a major snafu when we took the left driving lanes at a fork where it had said only authorized commercial vehicles could go to the right. The problem was that the left lanes led into a parking garage, and the height limit was 9 feet (our bus is about 11.5 feet at its highest point). You couldn't see that sign until after you turned into that area, though, so we had to stop and then back up quite a ways to get to those right turn lanes again. Roseann got out and set up our cones and directed cars to the other lane while I backed up, and she had to work her way backwards, moving the cones several times. Someone must have alerted security, because finally a security vehicle showed up and helped us get the rest of the way back. The security guy said that happens all the time, and they really need to get better signage in place to indicate which way to go.

I flew out to Bozeman for a show I have tomorrow morning in Helena. I had told the girls earlier that I was doing a "Daddy concert" tomorrow morning and needed to fly somewhere, but when Roseann told them again later that I was doing a show in Montana, Evee got excited, thinking that I was going to see a Hannah Montana show. Heheh...

After dropping me off (safely) at the airport, Roseann and the girls went to see her niece Rachel and her family. We had visited with them for a few days when we were in Colorado last year, and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to see them this time. The girls played with Rachel and Jim's twin boys, James and Carl, and after dinner Roseann and the girls drove to an RV park where they stayed for the night. I checked into my hotel and watched some tube for a while before going to bed.

The camera ended up coming along with me, so Rachel will try to take some pictures of the kids tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to exchange them so I can post them here for tomorrow's post. All I've got from today are a couple of pics from the airplane, which put me in mind of a verse from a song on my next album, called "What a Ride"...

Life is like an aeroplane that takes you through the sky
The biggest things seem really small the higher up you fly
So when you see that great horizon stretching out so wide
Take a while to laugh and smile and say, "Hey, what a ride!"



No comments: