Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 98

This morning we drove into Overland Park where I had a show for the Beth Shalom Early Childhood Center. It was a lively bunch of kids and we had a fun time. The girls also enjoyed playing out in their nice playground.

In our meetings recently with Monty Harper and Ezra Idlet, both of them had told us that if we were going through Kansas City, we should really get in touch with the popular children's performer, Jim Cosgrove, aka Mr. Stinky Feet. I had hoped to get in touch with him and also with Krista "Funky Mama" Eyler, a cool kids' singer from KC, but we were literally coming into town to do the one show and then driving on towards Colorado, so I didn't think it would be a likely thing to work into our collective schedules, so I kind of spaced it. But then Judy, my contact at the Beth Shalom Center, told me when I got there that both Jim and Krista had been hoping to make it to my show... both of them have performed or worked at that same venue... so I felt bad and tried to get in touch with Jim when Judy gave me his number. He was heading out to a gig, but his wife, Jeni, was able to meet up with us for lunch. She does booking for him, and like Roseann is for me, she is an integral part of what makes it all work for Jim. We had a really great time talking with her and hope we can meet up again with them next time we're out this way.

From there, we drove a few hours and stayed at an RV park in... um, I don't even know exactly where it is... the GPS pointed it out... somewhere about four hours past Kansas City on the way to Denver.






With Jeni, aka Mrs. Stinky Feet (she told us that at their wedding, the priest actually pronounced them as Mr. and Mrs. Stinky Feet)...

No comments: