Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 104

I had two shows this morning at the Briargate Library in Colorado Springs. There were several people in the audience who had seen me last time we were in town, and apparently they told some of their friends to come, because the first show had a huge audience... the biggest they've had there all year. The second show wasn't quite as packed, but was still pretty crowded, and both audiences were very enthusiastic. I had a Power Bar before each show and seemed to do pretty well, energy-wise, though I still held back a little from what I might usually have done as far as my activity level.

We went back to the RV park after the shows to get naps, and then we met Karen and her husband, Andreas, and Peter and Christina and my folks at the Flying W Ranch, where they have an Old West kind of town and one of the oldest running Western (not country, just "western") bands in the world. The dinner was great and the band was quite good... the fiddle player in particular was amazing... and the girls had fun dancing along. But Evee had skipped having a nap earlier and was getting pretty tired and edgy, so we said goodbyes to my folks (they're flying back home tomorrow morning) and headed back to the RV park for the night.








My beautiful cowgirls...






Becca enjoying "Hopa Hopa Rider", a Gramma Inge classic...


Evee pretending to be asleep (she soon was for real)...

No comments: