Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 91

(First of all, I apologize to those of you who have left comments to posts here... I thought I had it set to notify me when there are comments, but I guess I didn't, because I didn't realize there were any until I went into the post editor. Sorry about that... I would have responded if I knew you had posted a comment, and I'll keep a closer eye on that going forward.)

We went over to the Hughes Brothers Theatre this morning where I opened for their show. It was an interesting audience, considering there were only about 5 or 6 kids in my usual audience age range there, and about 200 senior citizens. Zeke made a little joke when he came out about my being a children's entertainer and wondering if we made a wrong turn somewhere... I mostly avoided doing any dancing/movement songs and just did some comedy/story songs, and it went over really well. Jason Hughes said to the audience afterwards that of all the many opening acts they've had over the years, my performance was his favorite. Granted, he's a good friend of ours, but I think he still meant that. They're having me open their show again tomorrow night and Saturday night, so that's cool.

We went out to lunch with a few of them and their kids and I ended up talking shop with Marty, who is the main producer and audio guy of the brothers. He promised that next time we're out here, we'll work out a time for me to get in to see his recording studio, with dozens of keyboards and guitars and such.

We came back to the bus and the girls and I had naps while Roseann went to visit with the Duttons again... they're leaving town tomorrow and she had wanted more time to catch up with them. When Roseann came back I went to get some groceries, and then we had some dinner. After dinner I took the girls and Tiggy out to the playground for a while, and Roseann went to see some of the Jackson Cash show, which is a Johnny Cash tribute. She had met him in the restaurant at the Hughes Brothers Theatre this morning and he wanted us to drop off some of my CDs to give to a business partner of his. She was surprised by how much she liked the music... I liked Johnny Cash a lot growing up and would have liked to see the show, but I was totally wiped out and it was fun to just relax and hang out with the girls tonight.




I'm not sure that my name will actually be put in there... we'll see... but in the meantime, there's always Photoshop, eh?






No comments: