Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 126

The girls were so funny when they woke up this morning... they kept running around the house finding whatever toys and things hadn't been brought on our trip and saying, "Hey, it's our piggy bank!!" and "Hey, it's Buzz Lightyear!" Becca asked who watched all of their toys when they were gone. She was concerned about how they got along without her and Evee.

We went to Gramma Jean's house and all had breakfast together. The girls played and Roseann and her mother got caught up on things while I took care of some things that needed to get done before I had to leave for Seattle.

I headed out in the afternoon and stayed at an RV park in Bellevue. I do enjoy being able to go out by myself once in a while, and you might think after four months together in a motorhome that we could all use some more alone time, but the truth is that I feel pretty lonely when I'm away. I can fill up the time by working on things (it is nice to be able to concentrate better on that) or by playing games on my computer or watching a movie or something, but there's still a palpable emptiness when all three of my girls aren't buzzing around. We call and talk a few times during the day, but I think I'm going to buy some webcams so we can do some videoconferencing.

Back at home, Roseann went out to get mattresses and bedding for the new bunk bed that we picked up in Boise. The girls were very excited about that and Evee got to have the first night on top. Roseann took some pictures of the girls in the bunk bed with Jean's camera, but unfortunately, that uses a Compact Flash card and Roseann's laptop doesn't take that, and we can't find the USB cord... so anyway, no pictures for that.


Evee wasting no time getting reacquainted with some of her stay-at-home toys...

No comments: