Friday, August 8, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 128

I had a show this afternoon at the Crossroads Mall in Bellevue on behalf of the library. There was a good crowd and the show went well in general, but there were a couple of glitches worth mentioning... First of all, there is a law related to my performing that says; if ever there is a show where I plug in my guitar but don't actually turn up the volume and strum it quick to make sure it's working correctly before the show, that will be the time when the battery for the pickup will have died. There was just enough juice in the battery so the sound was still being picked up, but I had to crank the volume all the way up and it was kind of distorted. Thankfully, there were only three guitar songs in the show, so it wasn't a big deal.

I also have a new law to remember that states; whenvever I give my squirt gun to someone else to fill up, make sure that they've put the cap back on it well enough. When I picked up the squirt gun during "Monster in My House", a big gush of water came out through the top and all over my arm. I tried my best to keep from laughing, but I don't think anybody noticed, anyway.

At the show were my friends Farida and Tony and their daughter Maddalena, and we got some food at the food court there and talked for quite a while. We never lack for conversation, because Farida is a storyteller and singer for children, and we enjoy discussing our mutual interests in children's entertainment and music, and Tony is a game designer, which is another big interest of mine. Maddalena was disappointed that Becca and Evee didn't come, as they all had fun together last time we got together and went for ice cream.

Back at home, Roseann and the girls hung out and played and went to the park with her sister Mary Jo and three of her kids, who are visiting from Rexburg for a few days.






With Maddalena, Tony and Farida... looking at two different cameras...

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Yay! Maddalena was thrilled to have her name in a song. And we have to disagree with your statement prior to "Stinkbug" that you're not a good dancer, because you had the twist down.

Here are some other laws I've discovered:

1) It doesn't matter how often I've tuned a guitar prior to set-up. If I don't tune it right before I go on, the low E string will be out of tune when I go on.

2) I must wrestle with the microphone stand.

3) If I don't check to make sure everything is in its bags from the last time I used my stuff, my husband will have borrowed the bungie-cords (to hold everything in place) and forgotten to return them.

Eric Herman said...

Trust me, Farida... I'm not a good dancer. Anyone can do the twist. :o)

Those are good laws, and you're right, it does seem to be the low E string that likes to stray...