Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 133

I didn't sleep very well last night... there was a fly in the RV that kept landing on me and tickling me awake. I felt too tired to get up and try to swat it, though in retrospect I probably should have just taken care of that right away.

I had a summer concert series show at the park next to the library in Mill Creek. Last year when I performed at the same place it was so hot that my entire audience was huddled off to the side under the shade of the trees, and there were a few canopies up near the stage where more people were huddled. This year, it was hot out, but not quite that hot, so I had the same basic audience arrangement, though there was a group of kids who braved the sun and hung out right in front for the whole show. Normally, when I'm doing a show outside and it's really sunny and hot, I would cut back on the more active, dancing around kind of songs and do more story songs and other things like "The Elephant Song", where there's participation but you don't need to get up and move around so much. But this group of kids was really eager to dance, the heat notwithstanding, so I actually skewed the show the other way and did more dancing songs, though I kind of felt bad about working them out so much in the sun like that. Then again, they obviously had tons of energy, so it was almost certainly more of a workout for me.

Drew from the fun Seattle kids' band, Recess Monkey, was at the show with his daughter, Mira, and we talked for a little while after the show. I've been trying to hook up to see a show of theirs over the past year or so, but we haven't been able to get the timing right. They came out to the Tri-Cities to do some shows earlier this summer, but of course, we were gone then. I think we'll be able to see their show next Friday in Seattle, so I'm looking forward to that.

I was feeling desperate for a nap, so I had planned on getting one when I got to the RV park, but when I saw the pool there I ended up going swimming and felt a lot better after that. I did some computer work and made some dinner before going to bed.

Back at home, Roseann and the girls went shopping and played together and went to a play group meeting at a park.




With Drew and Mira...

No comments: