Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 140

It was raining pretty hard this morning, and though it stopped by about 9, the ground was still very wet at the park in Kirkland where I had a show, so it was held under the big pavilion there, which worked out well. There was quite a lot of wind, though, underneath the pavilion, and there was some kind of conflict with the wireless frequency that made my microphone a little choppy at times (I should have remembered that the same thing happened at that place last year). It threw me off a little bit, but I tried to make the best of it and the show went fine, regardless.

Thinking about it now, I am happy and somewhat amazed to be able to say that in four years of doing several outdoor shows in the Seattle area during the summer, none of them have been rained out. (knocking on wood) In fact, I think this is the first one that was even moved "indoors" because of the weather. When I tell people around the country that I live in Washington, they often mention how it rains there all the time. Of course, that's definitely not the case in the Tri-Cities where we live, but even in Seattle, I think that's overstated. Yeah, it'll rain fairly regularly here, but usually not for very long, and there are quite a lot of days when it's sunny and beautiful. At least, that's been my experience.

After the show, we stopped for some pizza, then went to an RV park in Everett where we'll be staying for the next several days. We went out shopping for a while, then came back and the girls played on their computers and Roseann and I watched the movie, The Illusionist, which we'd seen before but enjoyed enough to watch again.


No comments: