Monday, May 26, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 54

We drove a few hours to an RV park in Arlington, stopping on the way to do some shopping and to eat lunch. When I mentioned a few nights ago that we'd be going to Arlington, Roseann said that we should go to the Arlington National Cemetery. I thought, yeah, and what better day to go there than on Memorial Day? I looked up the website and then did a big forehead slap when I realized, um, that's a different Arlington. Whoops. Sometimes we get a little tired and disoriented from the traveling, I guess. Heheh. I did think it was a little strange that the National Cemetery would be in Texas, but how many Arlingtons can there be? It's not like Springfield or Salem or Peoria or something...

Anyway, we got to the RV park and the girls and I went swimming for a while. We came back and had dinner and the girls went to bed. Roseann and I watched the first part of Ken Burns' The War series (we watched his Civil War series this past winter... obviously we had since forgotten the frequent mentions of the Arlington National Cemetery being established in Virginia right on Robert E. Lee's front lawn, during that program) and went to bed ourselves.


The girls swimming with their new fishy floaties...

No comments: