Sunday, June 1, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 60

The girls did some chalk art outside the bus this morning, and then we went to church in Shreveport. A few people asked me if I had moved in to work at the Air Force base. I thought that was an odd thing to think, what with my hair length and beard. I mean, it's not as though I look like a hippie or a Hell's Angel or something, but I don't really look "military", either.

But anyway, we drove from there to an RV park in Marthaville. There is a beautiful lake here, so we took a walk and sat beside it. There was an incredible soundscape of bird chirping and other animal noises, and we had the girls close their eyes and focus on it all for a while. It was very peaceful and I could have sat there for a much longer time, but the girls were hungry, so we made them dinner and put them to bed, then did some computer stuff and hit the sack ourselves.


Next time, I probably won't take a picture through the screen door...



No comments: