Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 62

The RV park is part of an equestrian center, so this morning I took the girls over there to watch some horseback riding. I asked about getting them some riding time while we're staying here, but the minimum age is six, so we'll have to just watch.

This afternoon, we drove out to the main library to say "hi" to Pabby, my contact for the shows here. As we were about to leave, I noticed someone tearing down their equipment from a performance they just had at that library. Pabby said something to the effect of, "Oh, he's from out your way," and suddenly I recognized him as Charlie the Noise Guy. A librarian I'm friends with out near Seattle had told me about him, as she helps him with booking and promotion. He does vocal sound effects, worked into funny stories and bits, and is a very unique type of children's entertainer, and she recommended that we get in touch as we share a similar sense of humor. We had e-mailed a few times a year or so ago about working together on one of my side projects. We've both been performing a lot around the Northwest the past few years, but never actually crossed paths before, so it was really cool to finally meet him in person, in Louisiana of all places. Turns out he's doing a string of shows at these libraries this week, too. We ended up going out for a bite to eat, and had a fun time sharing stories and talking together.

We did some shopping and came back to the RV park, put the girls to bed, watched some tube and got to sleep a little earlier than we have been lately. We'll need to get up and out pretty early for my show tomorrow morning.


Checking out a cicada...


Watching the horses go round and round...


With Charlie the Noise Guy...

No comments: