Friday, June 13, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 72

My show this morning was at the Delmont Gardens library, and it went very well. A smaller crowd, but they were great, and there was one kid in the front who had this amazing laugh. I told him I wanted to hire him to come to all of my shows.

After the show, we had lunch in the bus, and then we headed over to Maranda and Steve's house for the afternoon. We met their family
after my show on Wednesday at the Zachary library, and they invited us over to their family farm to hang out and ride horses and meet the goats and chickens. We all had a really great time there with them. We had some goat milk, which was very good... apparently the trick is to cool it immediately after milking, otherwise it may end up with an aftertaste. We even got to try their homemade goat's milk ice cream. The girls enjoyed playing with their kids, and especially with their daughter, B's, dollhouses.

Riding Pedro, their older horse, was a lot of fun. Becca went first and when she rode, the horse pooped and walked at the same time. She told Maranda, "That's talent!" When it was Evee's turn, she said that she wanted to ride to the end of the world... she meant the far side of the pasture. I was fine for the walk, but I wasn't too crazy about the trotting, so I only had him do that briefly. Roseann went for a walk, a trot and a canter, but not a gallop.


We had a lot of fun hanging out there with them, and they generously gave us some goat's milk and eggs and homemade bread and jams. Maranda had also posted a nice blurb about my show on her blog the other day. Speaking of blog posts, I don't usually mention them all that much... I usually see a new one pop up somewhere a couple times a week referencing "The Elephant Song" video or something... but there was one posted today that was particularly cool. The lady there had contacted me some time ago asking if I could donate something for a giveaway, and ended up doing a very nice review.

We drove from the farm to a bowling alley, to meet up with Pabby and some of the other librarians. My head was aching badly, so I stayed in the bus and laid down for a while and the girls went in. I have this recurring thing that comes and goes every so often where it feels like I've got a vice
grip on my head... it might be TMJ related or some kind of jaw clenching sleep thing... I've never quite figured it out for sure. It used to be nonstop for about three years straight, so I'm grateful that now it only comes on every month or two for a few days or so, but it's still no fun when it's there, of course. I couldn't really rest, though, because Tiggy kept smelling my legs and tickling me with his whiskers... he was quite interested in the smell of the horse. So I went in and joined everyone for some bowling, getting in on the last three frames of the game they had started. So my final total of 34 was almost certainly the lowest bowling score I've ever had, but it was only three frames.

It was another very active day, so we went back to the RV park and the girls went right to bed. We watched the finale of Arrested Development and went to sleep.


My brother, Zeke, introducing the show...








(right-click on the picture below and choose "view image" to see the whole picture)




No comments: