Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 83

We headed out at about 10:30 this morning, and as we left the RV park we got beeped at a few times by other cars. Now, that happens quite a lot with the cartoon wrap, but usually people also wave or give a thumbs up or something, so we were wondering what was going on. Sure enough, at the first stop, someone pulled up alongside us and told me that our power cord was dragging on the ground. D'oh! I had commented earlier this trip to Roseann, wondering how often that happens, where people pull away from an RV park without remembering to unplug their cord. It was bound to happen to us sooner or later, I suppose. Thankfully, the cord and the power outlet were fine.

When we got to Brent and Cheryl's, Roseann and Cheryl went to a toy store where Cheryl had previously found some of Zeke's glasses (and noses). He seems to lose them an awful lot, so it's good to have an ample supply of them on hand. The girls and Daniel and I played the Lion King game that I had found at a thrift store recently. There isn't much "game" to it, really, but it has some cool components and the girls are big Lion King fans, so they really enjoyed playing, and we got in another game later in the day. Daniel and I also played a game of Mykerinos, which is a favorite of mine.

I went out for a while to a computer store to pick up something for Becca's laptop, and the girls all hung out and played (Becca, Evee, Audrey) and talked (Roseann, Cheryl, Crystal). When I got back I spent some time playing on their Clavinova (we've gotta get one of those for home!) and came up with a follow up part to a little piano melody I started working on years ago.

We had some pizza for dinner and after Brent and David got back we sat and talked for a while and played a game of Encore, where you draw a card that has a word or subject and have to go back and forth as teams to sing a piece of a song with that word or subject until someone can't think of one. My team, with me, Brent and Daniel, took a big lead, but the team of Roseann, David and Cheryl came back to win in dramatic fashion.

We went back to the RV park and put the girls to bed, then watched the movie Jumper, which had a cool premise but didn't really deliver much beyond that.


Playing the Lion King game...


That should be enough glasses for Zeke, for about a week or so...

No comments: