Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 84

I had a show this morning at one of the Dallas libraries that happens to be in a large mall, so the show was out in one of the mall courtyards. It was a really young crowd, mostly toddlers and very early preschoolers... lots of strollers parked around the perimeter... so I had to adjust my show a bit for them, but it turned out to be a good show.

We stopped for lunch at a Burger King so the girls could have some Playland time (well, and so we could eat, too), then we went to Brent and Cheryl's where I plotted out where we'd be staying for the next few days while Roseann and Evee took a nap and Becca watched the Dinosaur movie with Cheryl and Daniel. Becca also played for a while with Audrey. She's been doing very well playing with Audrey this whole trip. Evee, on the other hand, being a 3 year-old who just came out of the 2 year-old phase, kept getting a little frustrated with Audrey's more limited communication and couldn't quite relate. Of course, Becca has a lot of experience playing with a 2 year-old from when she was 4 and Evee was 2, so she already knew how to deal with that. I'm sure Evee and Audrey will be great friends next time they meet in a year or so.

Brent came home and we had a yummy chicken dinner while Brent related some really interesting stories about some of the cases he deals with as a liability claims adjuster. He and Cheryl had meetings to go to at the church (Cheryl's only ended up being 5 minutes and his over 3 hours...), so the rest of us got to hang out. Evee requested to play the Lion King game again, so I broke that out and played it with her and Becca while Roseann and David went to hit golf balls again. Roseann said she got more consistent, but her fingers were pretty sore.

When they got back, we all played a game of Apples to Apples and waited as long as we could for Brent to get back, but it was already incredibly late by that point, so we had to say goodbyes and thank yous to everyone else and head out. We had a really wonderful time together with everyone there and look forward to seeing them again at the family reunion next year, if not sooner.

We stopped at a Walmart so I could drop off the videos I had rented the other day... I didn't want to leave town without remembering to do that... and as long as I was there I decided to pick up a few groceries. Well, after having everything checked out, I realized that I forgot to bring my wallet in with me. So I had to run back to the bus and get that, then run back in to pay and grab my bag of stuff. But then when I got back to the bus, I realized that there should have been two bags of stuff. So I had to run back in to get the other bag, then back to the bus again. Did I mention that the whole time it was POURING rain? Yup, that was the fun part.




Becca and Evee with a new friend at the Playland...


Becca playing ball with Audrey...


Playing Apples to Apples...

No comments: