Thursday, June 26, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 85

We drove a few hours to Oklahoma City and met up with Monty Harper and his family at a library where he was doing two shows. We missed the 2 pm show but he had another scheduled for 7 pm, which we figured was a more likely one for us to catch. Monty is a really terrific children's music singer/songwriter, and Roseann and I had a great time talking shop with him and his wife, Lisa, while the girls played with Monty's 7 year-old daughter, Evalyn.

We went out to dinner at a local joint called Tator's, where they advertised "Eat Here and Win Free Gas". We weren't sure if that was a contest or not. Before Monty's show I was able to get in a quick interview with him for my blog. I used my new Zoom recorder, and I really wish I had that for all of the previous interviews I did on this tour.

Monty's show was fantastic and we all enjoyed it a lot. He has a great way with making sophisticated lyrics and music, put into songs that are very memorable and fun. After the show, we went to a nearby RV park and did some laundry and caught up on some internet stuff before going to bed.


Monty performing, with help from Evalyn...


No comments: