Saturday, June 14, 2008

2008 Spring/Summer Tour - Day 73

So I turned thirty-nine today... I guess I stop counting now, right? Or is that only a thing that women do at 39?? Many thanks to everyone for the calls and e-mails. I really appreciate that. Between today and Father's Day tomorrow, I pretty much own this weekend, huh? That means lots of extra hugs and squeals from my girls, which is the best present for me. I wish I felt better, though... the head still aches pretty bad and now I've got some kind of a cold again. (I should note for the MySpace readers that I don't have my correct birthday listed on my MySpace account... so thanks to everyone who sent "Happy Birthday" messages there back in January or whenever we have it listed for.)

I had a 10 am show at the Jones Creek library and that was a fun group. Gayle, Barbara and Judy, the librarians there, got us some birthday cupcakes, which was really sweet of them (and the cupcakes were sweet, too!). We came back to the RV park to get naps and relax for a while, and made some girl cheese sandwiches and french toast with my new griddle. We quickly downed all of the goat's milk that Maranda had given us yesterday. It doesn't taste any better (or worse) than regular milk, but I think the novelty of it being "goat's milk" made the girls want to keep asking for it again and again. We went out later and did some errands and stopped at Guitar Center so I could look at some things. Part of my birthday present the past few years is that I can spend whatever I make from any gigs I have on my birthday to get something new that I need or want. What more could a musician ask for? (Of course, I might have scheduled more gigs for today... two years ago I had three gigs on my birthday, so that worked out particularly well...) Anyway, I'm looking to get a wireless system for my guitar to give me complete mobility during shows, and also a portable field recorder (I would have loved to record the soundscape of birds and frogs and other animals at the RV park we stayed at on the way to Baton Rouge).

On our way back to the RV park, we stopped at Mike Anderson's again to get some more pie. I had really wanted to try their "swamp pie" the other night when we were there, but Roseann and Evee shared a piece of cheesecake and I couldn't talk Becca into getting the swamp pie instead of the lemonade pie. The lemonade pie was certainly yummy, so I couldn't really complain, but tonight I got my wish and it was everything I had hoped it would be... peanut butter, chocolate, almonds, coconut... Mmmmmm, swamp pie...








No comments: